Cruciferous vegetables are the human bodies nutritional DIS-EASE fighters.
Cruciferous vegetables are aptly named because of their cross like shaped petals from the Latin word crucifer meaning “cross-bearer. Cruciferous vegetables contain a unique sulphur-containing compounds that are unlocked when blended or chopped, creating proven and powerful immune boosting and anti cancer properties.
Cruciferous vegetables provide the body with the raw materials to:
– Inhibit blood supply to cancerous growths,
– Prevent cell damage that could lead to cancer,
– Promote the repair of damaged cells DNA,- Programme damaged cells to die naturally (aka apoptosis)
– Help prevent, kill or stop the growth of cancer causing cells.
– Protect against hormone sensitive cancers
– Help the body covert hormones to easily excrete-able waste products to support body detoxification.
Basically the more cruciferous vegetables you eat the more the body is able to improve the immune systems ability to prevent and fight DIS-EASES including cancer.
Cruciferous vegetables can be found in the form of the following vegetables:
– kale (dinosaur or calvero nero preferred)
– cabbage- collards (part of the spring greens and kale species)
– broccoli And non green vegetables:
Why not try a …..
Blended Waldorf Salad
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 green apple (peeled and cored)
3 compacted cups of collard greens or Kale
1 compacted cup of lettuce
1/4 cup water or ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy!
Not about nuts? Try this….
Deep green juice
1-2 Granny Smith Apple (Green)
6 Collard Leaves or kale
2 Celery Ribs
1/8 Fennel Bulb
Juice all the ingredients and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please seek medical advice if you consider it necessary, never discontinue any medical treatment unless done under the supervision of a medical practitioner. None of the above information is to take the place of medical advice and is solely for information purposes only.